Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Loft Ash Gray Frosted 3x6 Subway Glass Tile
This ash gray subway tiles are decorative and durable, making it a great backdrop. the glass tile will reflect the light in your room, giving it a fresh, clean and brighter look. Using a subway tile as a back splash you will add some color and style to your kitchen decor or any decorated room in your home. It will also give it a more distinct look.
- Chip Size
- Sheet Size
- 8 pieces per sq. ft.
- 8 mm
- MOHS (Scratch Resistant)
- Shade Variation
- Chemical Resistance
- Water Absorption
- < 0.5%
- Breaking Strength
- > 100 lbs.
Shaken or Stirred?
In ancient Babylon, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead (fermented honey beverage) he could drink for a month after the wedding. Because their calendar was lunar or moon-based, this period of free mead was called the "honey month," or what we now call the "honeymoon."
Browse 1 question Browse 1 question and 3 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar Storeback splash in kitchen. very happy with tile. it does show splashes, and takes a little bit of effort to remove grease, but it looks great.David P on Sep 7, 2016qualityRobert B on Jul 20, 2016back splash in kitchen. very happy with tile. it does show splashes, and takes a little bit of effort to remove grease, but it looks great.David P on Sep 7, 2016
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.