Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Lancaster 3x6 Vanilla Polished Ceramic Tile
Using a subway tile as a backsplash will add dimension and style to your kitchen decor or any decorated space within your home. These ceramic tiles have a very distinct look that will inject a dose of traditional and contemporary feel into your room. Please note that each unit comes in 8 loose pieces.
- 3" x 6"
- 1 Sq. Ft.
- 8 mm
- Available Sizes
- 3x6, 3x12
Shaken or Stirred?
Contrary to popular belief, tequila is not cactus juice. The spirit is distilled from blue Weber agave. (And for the record, it should never come with a worm in the bottle.)
Browse 5 questions Browse 5 questions and 46 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreWe just needed a few more.... they look greatSusan E on Nov 29, 2016This finish updates the subway tile look with greater reflectivity, if that doesn't sound too strange. The color also exactly matches our farmhouse sink, a Nantucket in biscuit.John D on Oct 27, 2016could this be used as shower floor tile or will it be too slippery?BEST ANSWER: No, I would not use it as a floor tile. It would be too slippery. Also, it is not exactly flat, but slightly uneven (not level) -- it really is only for walls. But it is a great tile for that. We are pleased with it as our backsplash.I am close to purchasing the Lancaster Vanilla tile. What color grout would you recommend? I'm thinking I want a grout that blends rather than have a grout color that would stand out. Thank you.BEST ANSWER: We used Quartz Lock grout in a Birch color which blends well and compliments our counter top. If not Birch, I'd go with a Creme color if you don't want it to stand out.
Quartz Lock is a little spendy but highly recommended because you will never have to seal the grout and it is anti bacterial and anti mold. Care must be taken to follow the directions applying to small sections at a time. But it is well worth the extra money and time to do it once and forget it, unlike grout which needs to be resealed every year.Is there a quarter round tile that matches the Lancaster vanillas subway tile?BEST ANSWER: I didn't see one, so my tile guy got a plain plastic strip at Menards that is used for tile installation. It finishes it off just fine. I was skeptical at first, but I was very pleased when the job was finished. I love this tile!How many tiles equals a unit?BEST ANSWER: A unit is the same as a square foot. 1 square foot equals one unit. There are (8) 3x6 tiles in a square foot/unit.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.