Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Lancaster 3x6 Noir Polished Ceramic Tile
Using a subway tile as a backsplash will add dimension and style to your kitchen decor or any decorated space within your home. These ceramic tiles have a very distinct look that will inject a dose of traditional and contemporary feel into your room. Please note that each unit comes in 8 loose pieces.
- 3" x 6"
- 1 Sq. Ft.
- 8 mm
- Available Sizes
- 3x6, 3x12
Shaken or Stirred?
Cognacs are classified into a few general categories: VS, or very special, must be aged at least two years; VSOP, or very superior old pale, must be aged at least four years; and XO, or extra-old, must be aged at least six years.
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 4 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreI've looked at many black subway tiles and I loved the distinct look of these. Classic, but still modern.shannon r on Nov 17, 2016I've looked at many black subway tiles and I loved the distinct look of these. Classic, but still modern.shannon r on Nov 17, 2016Does this tile have a bull nose tile?BEST ANSWER: Yes it does have a corresponding bull nose and a liner. I have attached both so you can check them out.Does this come in red?BEST ANSWER: Hi there, we don't have this tile in red currently but you might want to check out the Maiolica tile. I have attached the red so you can check it out.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.