Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Lancaster 3x6 Dove Ceramic Tile
Using a subway tile as a backsplash will add dimension and style to your kitchen decor or any decorated space within your home. These ceramic tiles have a very distinct look that will inject a dose of traditional and contemporary feel into your room. Please note that each unit comes in 8 loose pieces.
- 3" x 6"
- 1 Sq. Ft.
- Light Gray
- 8 mm
- Residential Use
- Wall Only
- Commercial Use
- Wall only
- Available Sizes
- 3x6, 3x12
Shaken or Stirred?
Contrary to popular belief, tequila is not cactus juice. The spirit is distilled from blue Weber agave. (And for the record, it should never come with a worm in the bottle.)
Browse 8 questions Browse 8 questions and 58 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar Storebeautiful and subtleDiana B on Feb 13, 2017Would this be suitable for shower walls?BEST ANSWER: I think this would be OK for a shower. It does have some irregularities in depth but they are subtle & if your grouting and sealing are done well it all should be fine.Would this tile be suitable for a pool?BEST ANSWER: Maybe but probably not a good idea. Look closely at the picture and you'll see the tiles are not uniformly rectangular but more like almost hand-made. My tile man is an artist and these made for a beautiful backsplash in the kitchen but he couldn't use the little spacers. He had to adjust each tile to keep the pattern. You might want to consult whoever will install before you buy this. But it is beautiful tile.does this have any bullnose or quarter rounds?BEST ANSWER: Please see the attached coordinating chair rail and pencil liner.Is this color a pale gray? Or more on the white side?BEST ANSWER: They are definitely pale grey and not white. They look wonderful with a darker grey grout. The uneven pattern does "repeat" itself, likely the same mold was used 4-5 times and repeated, I ordered a little extra so that it looked a bit more random and not like those certain profiles were repeating themselves.Lead time?BEST ANSWER: I don't remember exactly but they seemed to arrive quickly. The tiles are beautiful and look really nice as a kitchen backsplash.Are these self spacing?BEST ANSWER: I recently used these for a tub surround. The tile installer spaced them himself using little plastic spacers. If you put them side by side on a flat surface, they don't fit perfectly together and there is a very small line for grout. In my opinion it is too small and will not look good with the uneven nature of the surface. I recommend 1/8" spacingHello, why can't I put a "sample" of this tile in my cart? ThxBEST ANSWER: Hi,
on the order page it clearly states that they are out of stock. It is beautiful tile and worth the wait until they restock. My customer used this tile for a backsplash with Silestone brand quartz kitchen tops in color Lagoon!
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.