Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Lancaster 3x12 Noir Polished Ceramic Tile
Using a subway tile as a backsplash will add dimension and style to your kitchen decor or any decorated space within your home. These ceramic tiles have a very distinct look that will inject a dose of traditional and contemporary feel into your room. Please note that each unit comes in 4 loose pieces.
- 3" x 12"
- 1 Sq. Ft.
- 8 mm
- Residential Use
- Wall Only
- Commercial Use
- Wall only
- Available Sizes
- 3x6, 3x12
Shaken or Stirred?
Cognacs are classified into a few general categories: VS, or very special, must be aged at least two years; VSOP, or very superior old pale, must be aged at least four years; and XO, or extra-old, must be aged at least six years.
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 5 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar Storecolor and sizeTerry P on Sep 22, 2016We chose this tile because of its larger size, color and texture. Out of the samples that we ordered from tilebar and looked at from local dealers, this one was the best out of everything we saw. It is the best tile for our Kitchen Backsplash. Thank you Tilebar!Vincent T on Jul 21, 2016Can this tile (Lancaster Noir ceramic tile) be used as flooring?BEST ANSWER: This tile should not be used to tile an entire floor but is suitable to be used as a flooring accent strip.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.