Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Boldly be a POP of color in a black & white world. Golden Honey glass, formatted in a unique elongated hexagon pattern, provides a fun, vivid way to add a vibrant splash to a wide variety of settings and surroundings within your home. The perfect choice for any backsplash or accent wall project, punches of color keep a room feeling youthful and engaging, while also adding a visual dimension that shifts endlessly with the play of light and shadow.
- Chip Size
- 0.87" x 3.12"
- Sheet Size
- 12" x 10"
- 0.83 sq. ft.
- 7 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
Although the origin of the word rum is widely disputed, some etymologists argue that it was taken from the last syllable for the Latin word for sugar saccharum.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- You would need to use Non-Sanded Grout.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.