Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Industrial Fresh Brew Aluminum Mosaic Tile
This clean geometric design, with a combination of aluminum silver, gold, and glass, is chic and visually striking. This tile will provide any room with a sleek, stylish and contemporary appearance. This is a great alternative to use for in a kitchen backsplash, feature wall or as decorative borders. Awaken your senses with this invigorating selection from our Industrial Collection.
Important: Due to the unique design of this series, we recommend that you order at least 20% more than your required square footage for your order. This is to account for the material lost due to the trimming done during installation.
- 12" x 12"
- Chip Size
- Sheet Size
- Gold + Silver Aluminum + Light Brown, Light Gray + Taupe
- Aluminum + Glass
- Polished + Brushed
- 8 mm
- Residential Use
- Wall Only
- Commercial Use
- Wall only
Shaken or Stirred?
"Three be the things I shall never attain: envy, content, and sufficient Champagne." - Dorothy Parker
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 11 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreI love the tile. And after seeing the pictures of the finish kitchen there was no question it was the right choice.J A on Mar 29, 2017ordered 1 sheet of top 2 picks for kitchen back splash.
Wanted to see full sheet since pattern is random, I wanted to see if there where any colors that were not in small sample size before ordering. CNarrowing down to my final choice.Diane D on Sep 7, 2016I love the tile. And after seeing the pictures of the finish kitchen there was no question it was the right choice.J A on Mar 29, 2017Can this tile be used inside a shower?BEST ANSWER: Wouldn't use it in the shower. My contractor said it was hard to get a good seal on the grout because of the aluminum. It has to be applied to each seam by hand instead of being spread on with a trowl. Very tedious and not 100%.What are the actual colors in this tile??BEST ANSWER: The glass tiles are gray, taupe, and brown. The metal tiles are silver and bronze. This backsplash goes great in my kitchen with espresso cabinets and stainless appliances.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
- We also reccomend using this productFormula Inox
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.