Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Industrial 2x4 Silver Aluminum Tile
Give your kitchen backsplash that stylish modern look with our Industrial Aluminum tile. Whether using this stunning tile as a back splash wall, or as an accent piece, the silver aluminum tile will give your room a classic and contemporary setting. Add a small touch of "wow" to any room.
- Chip Size
- 2" x 4"
- Sheet Size
- 12" x 12"
- 1 sq. ft.
- 8 mm
- Residential Use
- Wall Only
- Commercial Use
- Wall only
Shaken or Stirred?
"My dear girl, there are some things that just aren't done, such as drinking Dom Perignon '53 above the temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit." -James Bond
Browse 8 questions Browse 8 questions and 35 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreThe tile is a perfect accent behind my stove to go with my backsplash.Susan K on Feb 11, 2017How do you finish the outside edge? Does it come with a bullnose or finish edge of any kind?BEST ANSWER: The placement of our tile was between 2 side walls so we just dead-ended into the wall. The bottom was at the counter and the top dead-ended into the glass shelf above. No need for any bullnose. However, I have used a strip of metal called Schluter edge strip in other areas of our home. I like the clean edge that it gives. Schluter strips come in a variety of widths and finishes. Be sure the one you select allows the edge of the tile to fit just inside for the best finish.Is this OK to use in shower? Is it going to discolor or rust?BEST ANSWER: I am using it as a back splash behind my sink and I feel it would be great in a shower..definitely will not rust or fade. However, it is thicker than regular tile so if you are going to use this as focal points you will have to use a little more effort in groutingHow is the Industrial 2x4 Aluminum Tile sold? By the sheet or individual tile.BEST ANSWER: iT IS SOLD BY THE SQ FT ON 12 X 12 SHEETS WITH NETTING BEHIND IT... IT IS EASY TO INSTALL...Is this tile appropriate as a backsplash behind a stovetop? I am concerned about the ease of cleaning.BEST ANSWER: We used it for the backsplash in the bathroom of our Airstream trailer. Even though I love it and would like it in a kitchen, I wouldn't do it. I think it would be too hard to clean. You wouldn't be able to just wipe it off. It does not have a smooth finish.How is this product applied? How is this product cut?BEST ANSWER: You can cut with tile saw or a sabersaw with fine tooth metal blade not easy but doable
I used thinset with a concrete backer board
Turned out great added a sparkle to the kitchen graint countertopdoes the industrial 2x4 silver aluminum tile come in copper?BEST ANSWER: No it does not, but we can create a custom order for you, provided a minimum order of 100 square feet.Is this product sustainable/LEED point possible?BEST ANSWER: Question needs to go to manufacturer
recycled materials would have had to be used to produce product
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Metal tiles should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. Any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Stainless Steel Tile Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/stainless-steel-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a miter saw with non ferrous blade. Please note to cut material - take one sheet at a time and cut slowly.