Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Industrial 1x3 Silver Aluminum Tile
Give your kitchen backsplash that stylish modern look with our Industrial Aluminum tile. Whether using this stunning tile as a back splash wall, or as an accent piece, the silver aluminum tile will give your room a classic and contemporary setting. Add a small touch of "wow" to any room.
- Chip Size
- 1" x 3"
- Sheet Size
- 12" x 12"
- 1 sq. ft.
- 8 mm
- Residential Use
- Wall Only
- Commercial Use
- Wall only
Shaken or Stirred?
"I'm only a beer teetotaler, not a champagne teetotaler; I don't like beer." - George Bernard Shaw
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 12 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreRetro back splash in my pool cabanaCarla T on May 10, 2016I ordered a sample of this and quite a few other samples from various places. This stood out as a perfect choice for our backsplash. It catches a lot of light and will be a perfect compliment to our dark espresso cabinetry. I can't wait to see it all come together!JODY B on Aug 16, 2015Both ends of each aluminum tile is 'open' - I plan to use this as both back and side splash. For side splash what is the recommended method for finishing open tile ends?BEST ANSWER: Was able to find a thin pencil type piece that we were able to install as framework around the section we installed behind our stove. It worked out very well. Unfortunately, it was not purchased at Tile Bar, as I could not find a similar item on the website. We had the basket weave pattern from Tile Bar next to it, and it is beautiful!am thinking of using this as a backsplash in a bar. am wondering about scratching? I don't want to use a material where I have to be especially careful.BEST ANSWER: Hi there! We just installed this tile backsplash in our small bar area. It is beautiful, and I love it. But, the surface of the tile is rough and I do think it might scratch and/or discolor in a high use area. I would suggest getting a sample so you can see the finish before making your decision.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Metal tiles should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. Any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Stainless Steel Tile Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/stainless-steel-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a miter saw with non ferrous blade. Please note to cut material - take one sheet at a time and cut slowly.