Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Highland Eternity Waterjet Mosaic Tile
Mirrors add light, shine, and sparkle. It also adds the illusion of space. This elegant waterjet mosaic tile is guaranteed to add a timeless richness to your home. Designed from the highest quality material, this magnificent entry from our Highland Collection is sure to bring you a lifetime of bliss and enjoyment.
- Chip Size
- Sheet Size
- 10 3/4" x 10 3/4"
- 0.80 Sq. Ft.
- White Carrera + Nero + Mirror Silver
- Marble + Mirror Glass
Shaken or Stirred?
The Pilgrims landed at what is now Plymouth, Massachusetts, rather than continue sailing because they were running out of supplies, especially alcoholic beverages.
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 4 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreWhere is this specific tile manufactured?BEST ANSWER: This tile is manufactured in China.What kitchen countertop surface materials are heat resistant - in other words, you can set a hot pan on them without leaving a mark?BEST ANSWER: Granite is heat resistant.
Installing Mirror Glass Mosaics
(Mirror glass mosaics are not resistant to alkai and water. Ensure that mirror glass mosaics are kept away from alkali, acid, and water.)
Before the glass mosaics are installed, it is essential that an effective waterproof barrier be created to prevent the alkalinity of the cement from penetrating to the mosaic bottom. This can be achieved by following these steps:STEP ONE – Creating a waterproof barrier
- Ensure the neutral puddle area is flat. This will allow the mosaics to lay flat and will prevent water from seeping through.
- Before applying the neutral puddle, ensure that the cement layer and waterproof layer are completely dry.
- Apply the neutral puddle to the top of the cement layer (1-2mm in thickness) and allow it to dry for 24 hours before continuing with the installation. In circumstances where there is moisture, such as rain, allow more time for the neutral puddle to dry.
- Ensure the neutral puddle is flat.
- Place mosaic on surface on a straight angle.
- Install grout, making sure the grout is neutral.
- Using clean water and an absorbent cloth, wipe the mosaic to remove any dirt or particles.
- Allow the mosaic to dry and repeat this process two more times.
- After the mosaic has been wiped clean three times, apply a thin layer of paraffin to achieve a glossy effect.
- During installation, ensure that all surfaces are neutral.
- Mirror glass mosaics cannot be used in swimming pools.
- Once mixed with water, the neutral puddle must be installed within 4 hours to ensure that it is able to be used. If the neutral puddle is too hard, it will not set properly and should not be used.
- Use PH paper to test the PH levels of the mixtures.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. Tile must be sealed.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.