Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Highland Arabian Crema/Emperador Marble Tile
A versatile Arabesque inspired pattern presented in Crema Marfil and Dark Emperador marble, our Highland Arabian line is inspired by traditional stone mosaic techniques, but decidedly more modern in style & sensibility. Effortlessly bring a look of understated class into your surroundings with this Arabesque inspired motif that is guaranteed to entice for many years to come.
- Chip Size
- Sheet Size
- 11 3/4" x 11 3/4"
- 0.96 Sq. Ft.
- Crema Marfil, Light + Dark Emperador
- 10 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
Teddy Roosevelt was known for speaking softly and carrying a big stick, but he was not known as a big drinker. It is said that he occasionally enjoyed a mint julep before bed, but that's about it. When a small-town newspaperman called Teddy a drunk, the president sued him, and won!
Browse 4 questions Browse 4 questions and 7 answersIs this porous? Could it stain for kitchen backsplash?BEST ANSWER: I have this in my kitchen. The marble is very smooth and doesn't appear to be porous. It is gorgeous. I thought it might be too busy and compete with my countertop so I installed this tile above the kitchen window on that space between the window and the ceiling in the gap between the cabinets. I'm also going to use it on my fireplace surround.Can this tile be used on the floor?BEST ANSWER: We used this material as a backsplash but there is no reason it couldn't be used on a floor. Hope this is helpful.Grout needed for this?BEST ANSWER: Yes, a grout is needed for this product. We used Classic Bone NON Sanded from Tile Bar.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. Tile must be sealed.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.