Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Halcyon 3D Brick Recycled Glass Tile
Turn back the clock with a touch of retro inspiration. Our new Halcyon Collection fashions recycled polished glass in a versatile 3D Brick pattern which has a timeless appeal in traditional, transitional, or contemporary design. These mosaics make for excellent backsplashes and can be used in kitchens, bathrooms, showers, fireplace surrounds, pools and spas.
- Sheet Size
- 12" x 11.75"
- .98 sq. ft.
- Recycled Glass
Shaken or Stirred?
Many people believe that there has been a worm in tequila for centuries, but that is not accurate. The drink that started this tradition was actually Mezcal, and instead of a worm, it was a Gusano butterfly caterpillar
Browse 1 question Browse 1 question and 3 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreBeautiful color on this tile, and very unique. It makes for a perfect backsplash in our kitchen.Michelle B on Dec 4, 2016
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- You would need to use Non-Sanded Grout.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.