Plum Brule 3/4" x 3/4" Glass Tile
A stunning blend of purple and iridescent glass in this opaque finished tile will add surely add some flair and make a statement in your home. The glass pieces are mounted to a mesh backing making installation simple and easy, while the translucent character of each glass piece in combination with the colored background creates depth and will inject a fun splash of color into a wide variety of settings.
- 1.17 Sq. Ft.
- Shades of Purple + Iridescent
- Chip Size
- ¾” x ¾”
- Sheet Size
- 13” x 13”
- 2 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
"There's nothing wrong with sobriety in moderation." - John Candy
Browse 1 question Browse 1 question and 7 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreI think it will look really. nice in my purple and lime green kitchenMarie L on Sep 2, 2015I LOVE PURPLE AND I AM GOING TO TAKE THESE AND PUT THEM ON MY DINNING ROOM FLLOR IN 6X6 INCH MIXED WITH AN ALMOND FINISHED SAME SIZED TILE AND I DO BELIEVE IT WILL BE WONDERFUL AND UNIQUE!!robin s on Oct 5, 2015I LOVE PURPLE AND I AM GOING TO TAKE THESE AND PUT THEM ON MY DINNING ROOM FLLOR IN 6X6 INCH MIXED WITH AN ALMOND FINISHED SAME SIZED TILE AND I DO BELIEVE IT WILL BE WONDERFUL AND UNIQUE!!robin s on Oct 5, 2015beautiful if you love various shades of plum...also thin and light for application on wallTerri Z on Aug 29, 2015
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.