Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Geological Squares Green Quartz + White Gold Glass Tiles 3/4 x 3/4
This striking square design has a combination of green quartz slate and metallic white gold glass. These mesh mounted and will bring a sleek and contemporary clean design to any room.
- Chip Size
- 3/4 x 3/4
- Sheet Size
- Green Quartz + White Gold
- Slate + Glass
- Polished + Frosted
Shaken or Stirred?
Monks brewing beer in the Middle Ages were allowed to drink five quarts of beer a day. In ancient times, monks who fasted or abstained from solid food subsisted on beer.
Browse 1 question Browse 1 question and 1 answercan you use these tiles in a shower? will the white gold glass (is this paint?) discolor?BEST ANSWER: I used this mosaic on my kitchen back splash. The glass squares are all green glass. There are also cream, green and gold squares cut from natural slate, which is a very porous stone. You should definitely seal the slate tiles (that would be all the rough surfaced, non-glass, gold, green and cream colored tiles). Glass obviously doesn't need sealing, but natural stone does, particularly this slate. That's a fair amount of work in a shower where it is constantly being hit with water, unless you were using this mosaic as a trim stripe or something. Google "sealing slate tile" and see how often it is recommended.
I love these tiles. I took out the really gold slate and added white glass and black slate tiles that I bought separately so that I would have green/white/black to match the granite in my countertops. There are NO WHITE GLASS TILES in this mosaic despite what the description at the website implies.
I hope this helps.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. Tile must be sealed.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.