Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Geological Brick Green Quartz + White Gold Tiles 1/2 x 2
This striking brick design has a combination of green quartz slate and white gold glass. These tiles are mesh mounted and will bring a sleek and contemporary clean design to any room.
- Chip Size
- 1/2" x 2"
- Sheet Size
- Green Quartz + White Gold
- Slate + Glass
- Frosted and Polished
Shaken or Stirred?
Monks brewing beer in the Middle Ages were allowed to drink five quarts of beer a day. In ancient times, monks who fasted or abstained from solid food subsisted on beer.
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 5 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar Storewe have a bay window in our kitchen, we want to tile the walls behind the sink, then at the beginning of the bay window. It's a 90 degree angle--are there bullnose tiles to use on the outside corners??BEST ANSWER: I installed these tiles in our kitchen about a year ago. We also have a bay window behind the sink, but the side walls were on a 45 degree angle. I mite red the tile to 22.5 degrees for both the inside meters and outside corners. I used a small tile saw with a tilting bed for these cuts. It turned out great. One suggestion is to line the same tile, glass to glass and stone to stone, because the thickness of the two types is different. As far as I know there are no bullnose tiles available for this tile.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our CUTTING
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.