Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Fusion Chinkapin 1x1 Glass Tile
This stunning combination of the multicolored slate with the frosted glass and metallic etched decos give any room a rustic and contemporary ambiance. Add a pop to any room with these beautiful tiles that are versatile; great to use for a back splash for a kitchen or fireplace.
- Chip Size
- 1”x 1”
- Sheet Size
- 11 ¾” 11 ¾”
- 0.96 Sq. Ft.
- Multicolor, Light + Medium Gray + Metallic
- Glass + Slate + Resin Deco
- 8 mm
- Residential Use
- Wall Only
- Commercial Use
- Wall only
Shaken or Stirred?
A brewery was one of Harvard College's first construction projects so that a steady supply of beer could be served in the student dining halls.
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 6 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar Storemasculinetheodore d on Jun 30, 2016can I use for a shower floor?BEST ANSWER: Yes and it looks great! The only suggestion I would make is replace some of the slate/stone pieces with glass or decorative ones in areas that you may drop things or high use spots. I did my shower floors over a year ago and they look great!Does this tile come in a bullnose?BEST ANSWER: I'm afraid there is no bullnose for this tile. You might try going with a brown or gray stone liner or chair rail as a finishing piece though.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. Tile must be sealed.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.