Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Filigree Maize Marble Tile
This lovely Crema Marfil, Light & Dark Emperador marble mosaic provides endless design possibilities and serves as a great focal point to suit a variety of settings.The mesh backing not only simplifies installation, it also allows the tiles to be easily separated which adds to it's design flexibility. The natural material will have a color variation.
- Cream + Brown
- Crema Marfil, Light & Dark Emperador
- Chip Size
- 1X2 Circle Diameter1/2"
- Sheet Size
Shaken or Stirred?
Teddy Roosevelt was known for speaking softly and carrying a big stick, but he was not known as a big drinker. It is said that he occasionally enjoyed a mint julep before bed, but that's about it. When a small-town newspaperman called Teddy a drunk, the president sued him, and won!
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 9 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreI chose this because it adds a dramatic accent, while being soft and subdued. Looks gorgeous in my new kitchenChristine D on Jun 5, 2015If one would choose this Filigree Maize Marble Tile for use as an accent as they picture above a cook top, then which color marfil rectangular tile would go with it as is pictured in the rest of the back splash? I don't see any called "Filigree Maize".BEST ANSWER: This "Filigree" basket weave, in the "maize" color combination, has 3 different marbles in it: crema marfil (which seems to be the marble chosen to surround it, on the web site), light emperador marble (the beige colored part of the weave), and dark emperador marble (the "dots" in between the weaves). Therefore, any of these 3 marbles would compliment this mosaic tile well. Of course, these are all neutral colors, so you could choose another earth toned color tile fairly "safely" as well.Which picture mold/chair rail piece is used in the 3rd picture where the Filigree Maize Marble Tile is framed out over the cook top? I'll assume it's one of your Crema Marfil "border" pieces but which one?BEST ANSWER: Chair Rail Crema Marfil 2x12 Marble Liner
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. Tile must be sealed.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.