Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Esker Stratus Hexagon Marble and Glass Tile
This marble mosaic will provide endless design possibilities from contemporary to classic. It creates a great focal point to suit a variety of settings. The mesh backing not only simplifies installation, it also allows the tiles to be separated which adds to their design flexibility. Natural stones are products of nature, therefore, variations in color, pattern, texture, and veining will occur
- Chip Size
- Hex 1/14"
- Sheet Size
- 11.25" x 10.87"
- 0.85 sq. ft.
- Anshan Gray + Silver Travertine + Carrara White + Metallic Silver
- Marble + Glass
- Honed + Chisled + Polished + Textured
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
A bottle of Champagne contains approximately 49 million bubbles.
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 7 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreThe colors and shaped would work well as part of the backsplash in the kitchen I am remodeling.Robert W on Jan 9, 2017This has a variety of colors and textures that add interest to my kitchenLena N on Nov 5, 2016The colors and shaped would work well as part of the backsplash in the kitchen I am remodeling.Robert W on Jan 9, 2017Can this be used for shower floor?BEST ANSWER: This can ABSOLUTELY be used on a shower floor.
I recently used it on a client's project and it's lovely!
Great mix of colors and textures.How do you care for this product? What products are safe to use to clean it?BEST ANSWER: No products with acidic solutions should be used at all. A wet cloth with water and a light amount of soap can be used to clean it. Be sure to seal the tile once it's grouted. We recommend using MP90 sealant.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.