Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Edgecomb Sand Fossil Stone Tile
Exhibit your distinct taste with this daring new entry from our recently unveiled Edgecomb Collection. Composed of patterned polished Glazed Deco Resin Stone, Metallic Gold glass with a bit of iridescent flair thrown in, this unique oval tile is sure to reinvigorate your home or living space, and would serve as the perfect backsplash or accent wall. Make a bold statement with our brand new Sand Fossil Oval selection today!
- Chip Size
- 17/8" x 1"
- Sheet Size
- 11 1/2" x 11 3/4"
- 0.94 Sq. Ft.
- Black, Bronze, Metallic Gold + Iridescent
- Deco Resin Stone + Glass + Iridize Stone
- Glazed + Polished
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
A bottle of Champagne contains approximately 49 million bubbles.
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 5 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreBecause my quartz countertop is a more solid piece with few color details and this tile will pull out the golds and coppers and greys and compliment the colors I have in light fixtures and kitchen accessories.Carol B on Aug 19, 2016ordered sample first. loved itCarol R on Jun 20, 2016Because my quartz countertop is a more solid piece with few color details and this tile will pull out the golds and coppers and greys and compliment the colors I have in light fixtures and kitchen accessories.Carol B on Aug 19, 2016Would this be good for a shower and bath floor?BEST ANSWER: These should not be used on floors in general due to the ridges which make it difficult to walk on, as well as it's susceptibility to scratching and damages. It should especially not be used in areas that it'll get wet or moist. It's great for walls and backsplashes.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. Tile must be sealed.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.