Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Eden Hexagon Polished Black Ceramic Tile
Simplicity at it's finest. By using this once classic and understated design, these close-set hexagon will give your room a bold and graphic impact. Composed of light blue ceramic with a gray trim outline, this selection from our new Eden Collection is sure to add some vibrant color and rare stylish charm to your home.
- ..6" Hex
- Sheet Size
- 12" x 12"
- 1 Sq. Ft.
- Light Blue with Gray Outline
- 6 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
The pressure in a bottle of champagne is about 90 pounds per square inch. That's about three times the pressure in automobile tires.
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 8 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreI love the simplicity of penny tiles. They are very classic. We have a very busy granite counter top and I thought the more simple the tile the better. My kitchen cabinets are black and grey. And my walls are a very light blue. I think will look stunning!Annie M on May 7, 2016I love the simplicity of penny tiles. They are very classic. We have a very busy granite counter top and I thought the more simple the tile the better. My kitchen cabinets are black and grey. And my walls are a very light blue. I think will look stunning!Annie M on May 7, 2016can this tile be used for shower floors?BEST ANSWER: The smaller mosaics fit the slope of the drain floor best.What grout color do you recommend with this tile?BEST ANSWER: One shade lighter gray than the outer edge of each hex. I like Delorean by Bostik Trucolor.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.