Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Eden Hexagon Polished Black Ceramic Tile
Simplicity at it's finest. By using this once classic and understated design, these close-set hexagon will give your room a bold and graphic impact. Composed of black ceramic, this selection from our new Eden Collection is sure to add some vibrancy and rare stylish charm to your home.
- .6" Hex
- Sheet Size
- 12" x 12"
- 1 Sq. Ft.
- 6 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
During World War II, reduction of consumption activists argued that soldiers should not be permitted to drink alcohol beverages. However, General George C. Marshall, Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army, insisted that such prohibition would be 'harmful to the men in the service."
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 6 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar Storebuying this for in back of a niche in shower we are building. We have white hexagon tile flooring with black grout. We thought this small hexagon shaped mosaic tile would compliment the look.RONDA B on Apr 11, 2017buying this for in back of a niche in shower we are building. We have white hexagon tile flooring with black grout. We thought this small hexagon shaped mosaic tile would compliment the look.RONDA B on Apr 11, 2017can this be installed on bath and shower floor?BEST ANSWER: I emailed The Tile Bar to ask this same question before ordering and they told me it was suitable for a shower floor (that was my primary concern). I used small pieces of the black with the other Eden colors (white matte and gloss gray), with the white matte making up most of the field. I will say that I have slipped on the tile twice. This could be due to other issues, like soap products I use, etc., but it can get slippery when wet. My kids and husband haven't had any issues though, so maybe it's just me. It is beautiful, classic tile. I would recommend!Size says 6" pieces but pic shows small ones on a 12" sq. Are these really 6" pieces?BEST ANSWER: These are twelve inch pieces with about 3/4 inch individual tiles. They are beautiful.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.