Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Dolphin Clay 8X48 Porcelain Tile
Bring the great outdoors inside. Inspired by man-made wooden marine structures, our new Dolphin Collection perfectly captures the time-worn look of reclaimed wood typically modeled by Father Time and Mother Nature. The textured finishing enriches the series with an aged appearance, while also maintaining a uniquely authentic rugged-to-the-touch feel that allows you to have the warm natural look of wood flooring in any space. With a palette of rich amber tones, sweeping plank visuals and distinct graining that transcends any style, get the best of both worlds with Dolphin Clay - the true natural beauty of hardwood with the durability of porcelain tile.
- 7.83x47 (2.40sq ft)
- 2.40 sq ft
- 9.5 mm
- Residential Use
- Floor & Wall
- Commercial Use
- Floor & Wall
- Country of Origin
- PEI Rating
- Shade Variation
- Frost Resistance
- Chemical Resistance
- Water Absorption
- ≤ 0,5%
- Breaking Strength
- Pieces Per Box
- Sq Ft Per Box
Shaken or Stirred?
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.