Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Add a unique burst of color to any room with this beautiful glass tile. Composed of a vivid blend glass, this colorful mixture will give your kitchen, bathroom or any decorated room within your home a bright and fresh look.
- Chip Size
- .75" x .75"
- Sheet Size
- 11.625" x 11.6875"
- 8 mm
- Residential Use
- Floor & Wall
- Commercial Use
- Wall only
- Pieces Per Box
Shaken or Stirred?
To be classified as tequila, the spirit must contain at least 51% blue agave. These blends are called mixto, though tequila purists insist on 100% blue agave.
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 13 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreI love the interesting tile combinations in allspice, durango and sangria but for our project, I wanted a simpler look with only glass tiles and a more neutral color balance since we're using the tile on a larger scale. Sample was beautiful with good balance (neutral, lovely blues and greens and also periodic tiles of very different colors and patterns).Angelina H on Apr 17, 2017Creating a bathroom mosaic and these tiles work great. They are sized to be easy to work with to create the design I need and I like the multiple colors in the mix.C A on Sep 24, 2016I love the interesting tile combinations in allspice, durango and sangria but for our project, I wanted a simpler look with only glass tiles and a more neutral color balance since we're using the tile on a larger scale. Sample was beautiful with good balance (neutral, lovely blues and greens and also periodic tiles of very different colors and patterns).Angelina H on Apr 17, 2017how do you cut into odd shapes/shapes to fit&
how is it cut?BEST ANSWER: You can use scissors or a blade to cut the individual tiles apart from the sheet. On the other hand, I removed a few pieces in the middle of the sheet and simply pulling up on the tile firmly or wedging a flat tool underneath it removed individual pieces from the backing.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- You would need to use Non-Sanded Grout.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.