Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Cosmos Crema and Thassos Hexagon Marble Tile
This hand-made micro marble mosaic was single cut by hand and will provide endless design possibilities from contemporary to classic. It creates a great focal point to suit a variety of settings. Please note that natural stones are products of nature therefore variations in color, pattern, texture and veining will occur Considered to be one of the most popular marbles in the world, Crema Marfils timeless beauty opens doors to endless applications. This stone cappuccino colored marble has a tone range of light to medium. Occasionally ribboned throughout the tile are natural calcium veins of soft brown or orangish color and very few signs of fossils.
- Chip Size
- Over all 4" Hexagon
- Sheet Size
- 12" x 12"
- 1 sq. ft.
- Crema + Thassos
- 10 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
Abraham Lincoln, the sixteenth president of the US, stated that "It has long been recognized that the problems with alcohol relate not to the use of a bad thing, but to the abuse of a good thing."
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.