BARREL BROWN BLEND 1/2X1/2 GLASS TILE
This rustic glass and marble mosaic creates a beautiful multi-dimensional effect, and would be the perfect choice for your kitchen backsplash, bathroom or any decorated spot within your home. The mesh backing not only simplifies installation, it also allows the tiles to be easily separated which adds to their design flexibility.
- 1 Sq. Ft.
- Beige + Brown + Dark Emperador
- Glass + Marble
- Chip Size
- ½” x ½”
- Sheet Size
- 12” x 12”
- Polished + Frosted
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
"Write drunk; edit sober." - Ernest Hemingway
Browse 1 question Browse 1 question and 2 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar Store
Substrate: Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout. Installation:
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations. A second option is regular tile wall glue.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer. Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes. Once set in place gently tap using a grout float to insure full bedding and a true surface.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- When grout is completely cured a grout sealer should be applied as recommended by manufacturer.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile.