Asian Statuary Beveled 2x4 Marble Tile
This beautiful mosaic is made of 2"x4" Asian Statuary marble. This minimalist design would make a striking back splash for your kitchen or bring a modern touch to your fireplace or any other decorated spot in your home.
- Asian Statuary
- Chip Size
- 2x4 Beveled
- Sheet Size
- 12" x12"
Shaken or Stirred?
President Lincoln, when informed that General Grant drank whiskey while leading his troops, reportedly replied "Find out the name of the brand so I can give it to my other generals."
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 2 answersDoes the tile have a bluish undertone?BEST ANSWER: The lighting in the picture makes it seem that way but it does not have a blueish undertone. The best way to ensure that you are satisfied with the color is to order a sample so you can have it in front of you.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. Tile must be sealed.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.