Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Paragon Moon Jewel Mini Brick Pattern Glass Tile
This captivating combination of pearl, glass and stone tile is artfully arranged in a classic brick pattern. The pearl shell glass will add a durability and lasting exquisiteness to your kitchen, bathroom, or fireplace installation. These tiles are mesh mounted and will bring a sleek and contemporary clean design to any room.
- Chip Size
- 3/8” x 5/8"
- Sheet Size
- 11 1/4" x 12 1/4"
- 0.96 Sq. Ft.
- White + Lavender, Metallic Pewter, Silver + Beige
- Glass, Pearl Shell + Wooden Beige
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
"My dear girl, there are some things that just aren't done, such as drinking Dom Perignon '53 above the temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit." -James Bond
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 7 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar Storekitchen backsplash....it gives just the right about of color and light, while still being a neutral background. can't wait til it's installed!Brynna H on Apr 21, 2015which of your pencil trim colors would match this pattern (paragon moon jewel)? I just want a finished look on the edges for my kitchen backsplash.BEST ANSWER: Hi Brynna,
Pencils are always a problem I find, so don't think you are alone in scathing your head - we professionals do it too! Here are a few rules that might help you: Contrast colors pop same colors recede. So in this mosaic you have some frosted glass, polished glass in two shades (muted color) some silver backed glass (definitely pop!), and stone and mother of pearl.
Also consider the color of your cabinets and walls. If one of the tile in the mix is the same color or close to the wall color, I suggest using a pencil of same material and color. If the color is completely different - both on walls and cabinets, I would chose the mid-tone color for your pencil - in this case that could be the darker frosted glass or the stone. The pencil should be as narrow as the mosaic pieces or close to it, so 1/4' - 1/2" is preferred.
Some people like to use a wood bar to match the cabinets, if the cabinet is wood, but I advise against that - wood and frequent water do not go well together.
Take a look at these on the Tilebar website: Super White Frosted Glass Pencil Liners, or if your back splash is 18 inches high, you could have your tile setter cut a piece out of a 12x24 inch tile and bead it that way.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our CUTTING
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.