Mini Brick Anchor Gray Pearl Glass Tile
This captivating pearl tile in shades of gray and green is artfully arranged in a classic brick pattern. The pearl shell glass will add a durability and lasting exquisiteness to your kitchen, or fireplace installation. These tiles are mesh mounted and will bring a sleek and contemporary clean design to any room.
It is not recommended to be installed in a pool or anywhere the tile will be submerged in water.
- Green + Gray
- Pearl Shell Glass
- Chip Size
- Sheet Size
- 11 3/4" x 11 3/4"
Shaken or Stirred?
The strongest beer in the world comes from a German brewer named Georg Tscheuschner. He claims his Schorschbrau Schorsch Bock 43 is 43% ABV which is stronger than most distilled spirits. It sells for over 100 Euros per bottle and it most likely is also the most disgusting tasting beer on the planet.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.