Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Arcadia Bonsai Tint Random Brick Glass + Stone Tile
This jaw dropping combination of painted iridescent foil slate, polished glass and aluminum give any room a modern and contemporary ambiance. Add a pop of color to any room with these beautiful tiles that are versatile, unique and great to use for a kitchen backsplash or fireplace. Dare to be different with the Bonsai Tint Random Brick Glass and Slate Tile from our Arcadia Collection.
- Aluminum, Painted Iridescent Foil, Metallic Silver + Bronze
- Metal, Slate, + Glass
- Chip Size
- Sheet Size
- 11 3/4"x11"
- Polished + Brushed
Shaken or Stirred?
The pursuit of beer changed the course of humanity forever in 5000 BC. Neolithic people abandoned their wandering lives for farming, to grow grain for brewing beer.
Browse 4 questions Browse 4 questions and 61 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreIt matches everything perfectly and will be used as an accent tilecarol g on May 14, 2016How big is a sample?BEST ANSWER: I would say around 3" by 6". IT will give you a good idea of what the product looks like. We have it as backsplash in the kitchen and it actually seems to changes colors as the light changes. There is a fluorescence to some of the stone, never seen anything like it. Also, this picture doesn't do it justice, much more than shown here. The guy who installed our was going to get it for his own place.When I first found this beautiful tile, the comment describing installation said "Does not require grout." It is being installed at this moment and I am checking again to see that comment and I find that you recommend the non-sanded gray grout. Does it have to be grouted?BEST ANSWER: I have NOT grouted mine.
I have GROUT to do mine..but I keep from doing it.
I might..but yes definitely unsanded otherwise it would scratch and dull the glass tile. and its beautiful and we don't want to damage it. But I GET HUGE compliments on it..ungrouted...its been in a year or so..Is this tile good for outside? I want to install it in full, all day sunlight. This area also goes from freezing to 110 deg.BEST ANSWER: I would say NO. Glass..temperature changes..not a good combo. You'd have to seal it really good..but I don't think it was intended for that purpose. Call the company it comes from. Ask them. THIS TILE is pretty..just don't expect it to LOOK like it does here..its an ever changing colour thing....lots of iridescent qualities. I thought by my monitor it was more Green. IT IS NOT..you have to see it to believe it. I LOVE IT THOUGH.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.