Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Tao Bliss Glass Tile
This beautiful blend of pastel shades of green glass in frosted and polished finishes creates a sleek and attractive design to any room. The mesh backing not simplifies installation, it also allows the tiles to be separated which adds to their design flexibility. These glass tiles will give a luminescent quality to any bathroom, kitchen or pool installation.
- Chip Size
- ½” x Random
- Sheet Size
- 11 ¾” x 11 ¾”
- 0.96 sq. ft.
- Pastel Shades of Green
- Polished + Frosted
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
A drinking establishment is now located in the New York City building that once housed the National Temperance Society.
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 32 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreThis amazing tile will pick up the green in my new granite countertops, and completes my "garden party" color scheme, along with splashes of the Tao Red Planet tile.Kristin B on Apr 13, 2017beautiful color, using as backsplash for turquoise flecked white quartz, med gray floor tileJill A on Sep 28, 2016This amazing tile will pick up the green in my new granite countertops, and completes my "garden party" color scheme, along with splashes of the Tao Red Planet tile.Kristin B on Apr 13, 2017Can I use this as an accent tile in a shower?BEST ANSWER: Absolutely! I love my accent stripe on slate tile backsplash. Walls in Kitchen are painted the same as some of the Tao Bliss tiles.Waste factor for kitchen backsplash 5% or 10%?BEST ANSWER: Hi! It is lovely tile. Very happy. The waste I would go with the recommended 10% as the tile installer had to cut a lot of pieces to match up on edges like butting up to refriegerator, windows, etc. Was like a puzzle. The mint grout is great too.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.