Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Loft Blue Gray Polished 4"x12" Glass Tile
This blue gray subway tiles are decorative and durable, making it a great backdrop. The glass tile will reflect the light in your room, giving it a fresh, clean and brighter look. Using a subway tile as a back splash you will add some color and style to your kitchen decor or any decorated room in your home. It will also give it a more distinct look.
- Chip Size
- Sheet Size
- 3 pieces per sq. ft.
- Blue Gray
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
In Egypt, two containers of beer were the minimum wage for a day's labor.
Browse 1 question Browse 1 question and 4 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreColor and size. I am making a calendar by my door and will write on these with dry erase markers each week so my whole family knows what's going on.Julie F on Sep 16, 2015
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.