Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Cobblestone Polished Motley Marble Tile
These are real marble rocks of various sizes that have been halved and hand set on a fiberglass mesh backing. Create a unique and eye catching backsplash or focal point of your room with this mesmerizing multicolored cobblestone pattern. This is great for walls in a bathroom, fireplaces or as a backsplash in your kitchen. You can clean cut the sheet to make borders and buttons of any size.
- Chip Size
- Random Flat
- Sheet Size
- Cobblestone Marble
Shaken or Stirred?
Beer contains high levels of silicon, which have been found to increase mineral density in bones, according to researchers.
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 2 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreVariety of color and fact that stones were flat and would be easier to work with.Kathryn L on Sep 12, 2016Variety of color and fact that stones were flat and would be easier to work with.Kathryn L on Sep 12, 2016What high gloss sealant should be used to create a "wet look"?
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use nonsanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our CUTTING
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.