Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Cobblestone Obsidian Black Marble Tile
Real cobblestones of various shapes and sizes that have been hand-set on a fiberglass mesh backing will serve as a truly unique and eye catching focal point within your home. Great for accent walls in a bathroom, fireplace surrounds or as the feature attraction of your kitchen backsplash.
- Chip Size
- Sheet Size
- 12” x 12”
- 1 Sq. Ft.
- Obsidian Black
- 11 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
Aye, but today's rain is tomorrow's whiskey. - Scottish proverb
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 6 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreThe primary reason I picked the cobblestone Obsidian mosaic tile because of the clean shine from the mineral. Secondly, obsidian has a strong psychic ability to clean negative energy ... it's going in the shower floor so maybe I'll clean me and my energy!Denise D on Jul 16, 2016I'm building a custom cherry and maple coffee table and will use the cobblestone as an artistic inlay in the surface of the top.John on Mar 25, 2015The primary reason I picked the cobblestone Obsidian mosaic tile because of the clean shine from the mineral. Secondly, obsidian has a strong psychic ability to clean negative energy ... it's going in the shower floor so maybe I'll clean me and my energy!Denise D on Jul 16, 2016Can you install these cobblestones on a shower floor?BEST ANSWER: I just used them for that purpose but it's a lot of grouting. Obviously use the sanded grout. Had to mix a good amount of rocks from different sheets because it seems like each sheet is similar in rock size but not similar to other sheets. Cover them completely and slowly reveal them by wiping over and over. Good luck.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. Tile must be sealed.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.