Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Cirque Stainless Metal Tiles
A unique, contemporary look, this clean geometric design with metal stainless steel is chic and visually striking. These metal tiles are a mixture of concave and convex circles. This is a great alternative to use for in a kitchen backsplash, feature wall or as decorative borders. Please note this tile is not recommended to be installed on the floor.
- Chip Size
- 3/4 Circles
- Sheet Size
- 11.81" x 11.81"
- Brushed Matte
Shaken or Stirred?
Alcohol does not destroy brain cells. In fact, the moderate consumption of alcohol is often associated with improved cognitive functioning.
Browse 4 questions Browse 4 questions and 15 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreThe stainless steel accents in a mosaic mural for the kitchen back splash works well to compliment the stainless steel appliances.C A on Sep 24, 2016used on accent wall in powder roomPatti J on Feb 15, 2016The stainless steel accents in a mosaic mural for the kitchen back splash works well to compliment the stainless steel appliances.C A on Sep 24, 2016what type of grout- looks like it may be tricky. Any suggestions?BEST ANSWER: You have to only use sand free grout as otherwise the tiles would be scratched. I won't lie, this was THE most difficult tile to put up simply because of the many indented circles. Thus, I had to scrub the excess as best I could after grout application. Thereafter, it required polishing and polishing and more polishing to get the rest off. I was told by Tile Bar that you can get a mixture that will help in taking off the excess a bit easier so I would check with them. The good news is: Once up, this tile is BEAUTIFUL! We put it in an investment house that I was designing and it sold quickly with one reason being the kitchen design elements. So highly recommend. Good luck1Is this OK to use as an accent in a shower? Would water damage it?BEST ANSWER: You can certainly use this tile in the shower. It is stainless steel similar to your shower fixtures. You may have to keep it polished to ward off the watermarks but should be fine.What size are each tile?
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Steel Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/stainless-steel-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.