Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Byzantine Florid Radiance Alice Ceramic Tile
Ceramic tile is a classic choice for a back splash; you can mix and match any number of finishes, colors, and patterns to suit your space. This particular ceramic tile coordinates perfectly with our Byzantine Radiance Alice Blue Ceramic Tile. This tile is sold by the unit. You will receive 5 loose pieces.
- 6 1/4" x 7 1/4"
- 0.80 Sq. Ft.
Shaken or Stirred?
Chester A. Arthur gained more than 40 pounds in office, most of which was attributed to constant drinking and having friends over to drink.
Browse 8 questions Browse 8 questions and 27 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreI love the pattern and color. These are large tiles and they go really well with my Fantasy Brown countertops!Mike W on Mar 31, 2017Can someone please post pictures of how this looks as a kitchen backsplash?BEST ANSWER: I'm going to try to upload a picture of ours. We absolutely love it!can the Byzantine Florid Arabesque Alice Blue ceramic tile be used in a shower?BEST ANSWER: Absolutely. You can use any ceramic tile on the bathroom shower walls and be fine. This tile is gorgeous...just because the pictures don't show it you still need to grout it in btw.Can the subway tiles from Byzantium, in the same glaze, be used as trim pieces?BEST ANSWER: I ordered a sample of the subway tile when I was searching for a trim solution for my project. I found it to not be a suitable solution due to variation in coloring and the raised design of the Byzantium subway would not be a good aesthetic either. Since I only had one exposed end on my backsplash, I opted to have my trim carpenter extend a piece of the cabinet trim to cover.For straight cuts, did you find it cut well?BEST ANSWER: According to the guys who installed this tile in our bathroom, they handle straight cuts very well. Its odd shape made it somewhat challenging but they used a scrap piece as a "jig" and interlocked the two pieces to make the cuts (using the straight edge of the scrap piece). Our bathroom wall came out great :) Good luck!What grout is recommended for this tile? Do you carry a specific type and color recommened?is there a recommended border that goes with this tile?BEST ANSWER: I used the plain white tiles (byzantine arabesque bianco) to create a border around the backsplash above our range. It turned out beautiful. Hope this helps.What is the recommended spacing for grout?BEST ANSWER: Hi there, Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.