Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Byzantine Bianco Ceramic Tile
Using a subway tile as a back splash will add some dimension and style to your kitchen decor or any decorated room in your home. These tiles will also give your room a more distinct look. The tile will give the room a mix of traditional and contemporary feel to it.
- 2 1/2" x 9"
- 0.78 Sq. Ft.
Shaken or Stirred?
Aye, but today's rain is tomorrow's whiskey. - Scottish proverb
Browse 8 questions Browse 8 questions and 19 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreI chose this tile because it is a classic subway with a little bit of contemporary feel because of the longer shape. It's a nice warm white and has a little shine to it without being too reflective as some polished tiles are.Theresa F on Nov 30, 2016when will it be back in stock??BEST ANSWER: If you click on the "notify" button right under where it says "out of stock" you will be notified when it becomes available again.Is there bullnose available for this tile?BEST ANSWER: I was not able to find on site, i plan to check local stores, i.e, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. to see if I can find a matching bullnose. I have not started my project yet.Is this a basic white tile or is it a vintage color?BEST ANSWER: The color is bright white, not an off-white. The surface is slightly mottled, so it does look different than a plain ordinary white subway tile. We love it!If I put this on a backsplash do I need to use trim, or can it stand alone without trim along the top?BEST ANSWER: I used the flat and the 3D versions of this tile and wondered the same thing. I ended up feeling that it definitely needed a thin pencil edge tile to top off my backsplash. I think it would be difficult to finish the edge without something along the top edge.Hi, what is the thickness in mm and is it truly 3"x9" or 2.5" x 9"? Also, what is the weight per 5 tiles?BEST ANSWER: The per tile weight is 10.1oz and each tile measures at 8 15/16th" x 2.5". Also, the tile thickness is 3/8" or approx. or .375What is the lead time?BEST ANSWER: Hello, the standard lead time for our product is 1-2 business days.What is the lead time?BEST ANSWER: Hello, the standard lead time for our product is 1-2 business days.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.