Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Byzantine Arabesque Alice Ceramic Tile
Ceramic tile is a classic choice for a back splash; you can mix and match any number of finishes, colors, and patterns to suit your space. This particular ceramic tile coordinates perfectly with our Byzantine Florid Radiance Alice Blue Ceramic Tile. This tile is sold by the unit. You will receive 5 loose pieces.
- 6 1/4" x 7 1/4"
- 0.80 Sq. Ft.
Shaken or Stirred?
In 1116 BC, Chinese imperial edict stated that heaven required people to drink beer.
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 6 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreLove the color.Michelle J on Nov 9, 2015Are these ceramic tiles suitable to be use on the floor?Are these the only color available? Do you do custom color? Any representative in Asia?BEST ANSWER: Hi, These ceramic tiles should not be used on the floor and it comes one more color, I attached it below. We can produce a custom order for you. A minimum order of 100 square feet would apply. And yes, we have in Asia.Is this tile suitable for shower wall?BEST ANSWER: We used it in two showers and it is beautiful! Just be sure you are using a very skilled tile setter.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.