Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Byzantine Alice Blue Ceramic Tile
Using a subway tile as a back splash will add some dimension and style to your kitchen decor or any decorated room in your home. These tiles will also give your room a more distinct look. The tile will give the room a mix of traditional and contemporary feel to it.
- 2 1/2" x 9"
- 0.78 Sq. Ft.
- Light Blue with a mix of White
Shaken or Stirred?
"Write drunk; edit sober." - Ernest Hemingway
Browse 8 questions Browse 8 questions and 31 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreThis tile was featured in the 2017 Charleston Designer Showhouse laundry room. We are using it for the whole wall behind our built-in bar. Excited!Julianne T on Jun 5, 2017love the quality of the sample - tiled my entire kitchen subway style with this tile.Jennifer M on Mar 24, 2017This tile was featured in the 2017 Charleston Designer Showhouse laundry room. We are using it for the whole wall behind our built-in bar. Excited!Julianne T on Jun 5, 2017Are there any trim components available for this tile? Bullnose? Corners? Liners? Chair-rail?BEST ANSWER: Not that I am aware of...as it was, we ended up using it as trim.Can this be used on the floor?BEST ANSWER: It would be amazing if it's low traffic. I have 6 boxes left if you need.I want to do this tile with a goldish grout for my kitchen backsplash. How do you think this would look with grey cabinets and antico bianco granite? Should I go light grey or dark grey?BEST ANSWER: I'm always a fan of lighter in a kitchen so I would say light gray, but I think a dark gray would also contrast well with the lightness of this tile. We have darker cabinets (goes with the house), and it looks really nice with the tiles. Good luck!Is this tile suitable for shower walls?BEST ANSWER: Yes, absolutely.can this tile be used on a pool?BEST ANSWER: This tile is not suitable for pools.Where is this tile made?BEST ANSWER: The boxes do not have a country on them, but they do say Terra Ignis.Are there any trims that match this tile?BEST ANSWER: We used this tile as a trim to a large white tile, bordered with a thin (1/2") glass liner in frosty blues and greens. It came out very nicely.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.