Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Byzantine Alice Blue 3D Ceramic Tile
Using a subway tile as a backsplash will add some dimension and style to your kitchen decor or any decorated room in your home. These ceramic tiles will also give your room a more distinct look, with it's subtle light blue and white coloring. Each unit comes in 5 loose pieces.
- 2 1/2" x 9"
- 0.78Sq. Ft.
- Light blue with a mix of white
Shaken or Stirred?
"A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink." - W. C. Fields
Browse 5 questions Browse 5 questions and 32 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreBacksplash in open kitchen. Will go with White Cabinets and Gray/White Quartz counter tops.Arthur F on Mar 21, 2017Such a pretty and subtle way to add depth to the backsplashNicole M on Feb 23, 2017Backsplash in open kitchen. Will go with White Cabinets and Gray/White Quartz counter tops.Arthur F on Mar 21, 2017Do you sell a special outlet plates for this tile? Our contractor said that it'll be hard to incorporate a plate without sticking out. I want to use it for the backsplash int he kitchen, but I have to leave my three outlets there. Thank you.BEST ANSWER: I installed this tile on my back splash, and I worked around my outlets. I used a tile pattern alternating the flat Byzantine tile with the 3-D. We laid out the tile, then moved the outlets so they were located in an area that would have a piece of flat tile. Then, I bought 2.5" switch plates on-line from Kyle switch plates. It worked perfectly and looks amazing. Totally love it!What grout color is best with this tile?BEST ANSWER: I used an adhesive based pre-mixed grout that is just beginning to become a well used product in homes. It is a little high end but gorgeous. I used the metallic silver and it sets the tile off like nothing else on the market. This is a unique tile that deserves a grout that brings the beauty and uniqueness of the tile.itself.
Good Luck - you can't go wrong with this choice. Oh, by the way,I used this tile as my shower border and base boards! I love it!!!how did you edge this tile on your backsplash?BEST ANSWER: We used a tile edge called" Schluter - Jolly Brushed Chrome Anodized Aluminum Metal Tile Edging Trim" We got it at home depot. I am not sure exactly what size we used you would have to check the tile depth. We screwed it to the wall behind the tile. It turned out great.When will this tile be back in stock?BEST ANSWER: If you click on the "notify" button right under where it says "out of stock" you will be notified when it becomes available again.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.