Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Utilizing subway tile for your backsplash will add some dimension and style to your kitchen decor, or any decorated room within your home. These ceramic tiles will also give your room a more distinct look and add a mixture of traditional and contemporary feel to your surroundings.
- 4" x 12"
- Country of Origin
Shaken or Stirred?
The Book of Jonah is the only book in the Old Testament that contains no reference to wine or the vine.
Browse 4 questions Browse 4 questions and 19 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar Storegorgeous color, looks like hand thrown tile!jerilyn g on Jul 11, 2016how much grout do i need?BEST ANSWER: If you're going to use one of our Bostik grouts, here is a tool to help you figure it out. http://www.bostik.com/us/tools-and-training/grout-calculator/. Barring that, your contractor/installer should be able to tell you once you've figured out all the specifications of your project. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us.Does it come in one piece or individual tiles ?BEST ANSWER: They are 4x12 tile that come 33 per box.can this be used for shower walls?BEST ANSWER: Yes, it can be used for shower walls or backsplash. We liked it very much, great size, texture and look.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.