Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Brushed Stone Wooden Beige 2x8 Marble Tile
This marble will provide endless design possibilities from contemporary to classic. It creates a great focal point to suit a variety of settings. Using a subway tile as a back splash will add style and color to your kitchen decor or any decorated room in your home. It will also give it a more distinct look. The natural material will have a color variation.
- Chip Size
- Sheet Size
- 9 Pieces per Sq. Ft.
- Wooden Beige
Shaken or Stirred?
While Scotland is home to almost a hundred distilleries, Ireland has only a handful. But they produce a number of different brands and types of whiskey.
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 5 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreWe have a rustic barn beam for a mantle and thought this tile really complemented the look. We are using it for our backsplash in the kitchen. Love tile bar....have ordered several times from them.james j on Mar 3, 2017FIREPLACE SURROUND!Wendy W on Sep 15, 2015We have a rustic barn beam for a mantle and thought this tile really complemented the look. We are using it for our backsplash in the kitchen. Love tile bar....have ordered several times from them.james j on Mar 3, 2017Bathroom is demoed! Should the tile be installed over the entire floor?BEST ANSWER: Would recommend first installing 'wonderboard' on the subfloor fastened with screws every 8". Then lay tiles on the floor. The brushed stone offers better traction than polished marble, But you should be sure to seal the tiles as these tiles will pickup dirt and trap in the slight grooves of the surface.Are these tiles the same thickness, will/can they set flush?BEST ANSWER: Yes, they are all the same thickness.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.