Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Brushed Stone White Carrara 2x8 Marble Tile
This marble will provide endless design possibilities from contemporary to classic. It creates a great focal point to suit a variety of settings. Using a subway tile as a back splash will add style and color to your kitchen decor or any decorated room in your home. It will also give it a more distinct look. The natural material will have a color variation
- Chip Size
- 2" x 8"
- Sheet Size
- 9 Pieces per Sq. Ft.
- White with Gray Veins
- White Carrara
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
While Scotland is home to almost a hundred distilleries, Ireland has only a handful. But they produce a number of different brands and types of whiskey.
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 6 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar Storecleaning & upkeep?BEST ANSWER: I returned the marble. I would not recommend buying it from this store. It was 2x8 pieces cut from a larger slab. So you had uneven pieces as well as two pieces (the ends) that had one side finished. I ended up buying carrera marble tiles and yes had to spend more money than this but it was so worth it. It's beautul and cleaning and upkeep has been easy. I did seal mine though.Is this suitable for flooring or wall tile only? What does "brushed" mean? Is that vs. polished?BEST ANSWER: I would not recommend it for flooring, it is softer than granite and would scratch, stain possibly chip more easily. The brushed finish is a dull satin as apposed to high gloss
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.