Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Breeze Carrara Ice Piazza Glass Tiles
This distinctive pattern is made of various sized pieces of frosted and polished glass with white Carrara stone. Each piece fits into the next like a perfect puzzle. Its stunning design and unique pattern will bring a modern and contemporary ambiance to the room. The Breeze Carrara Ice Piazza's subtle pattern and clean, precise lines make it great as a backsplash in a classic as well as a sleek contemporary kitchen.
- Chip Size
- Sheet Size
- White Carrera + Super White
- White Carrara + Glass
- Frosted + Polished
Shaken or Stirred?
Consumption of beer in the United States is about 33 gallons per person per year based on persons over the drinking age of 21 years old.
Browse 4 questions Browse 4 questions and 11 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreIt's prettyPaul F on Feb 22, 2015This design seems to be a good foil for a small, all-white bathroom with gray ceramic 'wood' plank' flooring. The all white vanity has a carrera marble top so it is going to be stunning with the brushed nickel mirror and shower accents.Lara T on Jun 7, 2015This design seems to be a good foil for a small, all-white bathroom with gray ceramic 'wood' plank' flooring. The all white vanity has a carrera marble top so it is going to be stunning with the brushed nickel mirror and shower accents.Lara T on Jun 7, 2015I like the pattern and the colors complement our counter top and the cabinets very well.ADRIAN H on Jan 25, 2015Would you use this tile on the floor? I have a 12X12 bathroom and looking for something interesting for the floor to put next to say a Carrera subway tile in the shower.BEST ANSWER: No I wouldn't - but it's not a "hard" no. The pattern is *very* difficult to set perfectly level. I think it would end up being a bit bumpy for the floor. If you think this would be OK for you, then this would be fine. It's *gorgeous* in person, and the combination of sizes, colors, materials, and slightly off-level pieces makes for a very 3-dimensional effect that always gets good comments. We used it for a backsplash in the kitchen, including up to the ceiling behind a modern vent. It's pretty dramatic without drawing too much attention from other aspects in the kitchen.What is the depth of the tile?BEST ANSWER: About 1/4". When mounted with the thinset, it of course takes up more thickness. It's worth noting that the tiles aren't perfectly level, and they will take on any irregularity in the mounting. This is *not* unattractive (IMO); it gives it a nice three-dimensional quality. I find the tile gorgeous; we used it as a kitchen backsplash.Would you recommend using a more expensive latex grout (vs non-sanded) to enhance tile? Looking at Bostik's Dimension Grout (contains glass specs) that's designed for glass tile. Not sure if the significant cost would be worth it especially if this tile looks great with a basic while non-sanded grout. Thanks!BEST ANSWER: This tile looks phenomenal with a regular white non-sanded grout. The Bostik dimensional grout is beautiful but wouldn't really be necessary.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. Tile must be sealed.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.