Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Brazilian Tiger Blue Polished 8x48 Porcelain Tile
The magical land of New Zealand treasures the most exotic wood in the world, because it is obtained from trees that have fallen due to cataclysms and have remained underground for thousands of years. The La Fabbrica Kauri Tasman Polished 8X48 Porcelain Tile is inspired by the unique style of this wood and it reflects its natural elegance in modern living environments. Also available in a matte finish.
- 7.87x47.24 (2.58sq ft)
- Dawn Blue
- Polished (also available in Matte)
- Residential Use
- Floor & Wall
- Commercial Use
- Floor & Wall
- Country of Origin
- PEI Rating
- Shade Variation
- Frost Resistance
- Chemical Resistance
- Water Absorption
- ≤ 0.02%
- DCOF Rating Wet (slip resistance)
- > 0.42
- Breaking Strength
- Pieces Per Box
- Sq Ft Per Box
- Box Weight
Shaken or Stirred?Arguably one of the most famous Brazilian drinks (and the national cocktail), Caipirinha is made with cachaça, sugar and lime. The drink is supposedly derived from a popular homemade recipe that was used for patients of Spanish flu and originally included garlic and honey.
Browse 7 questions Browse 7 questions and 15 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreColors are so beautiful and slightly unique. Using it on my master bedroom wall!Deanna M on Feb 26, 2017They are beautiful in the picture and will look wonderful in our new bathroom!!malu m on Feb 1, 2017Colors are so beautiful and slightly unique. Using it on my master bedroom wall!Deanna M on Feb 26, 2017For a shower wall install, should the substrate be blue board our cement board?Thomas S, can you please post photos, if this is possible? Thanks!!!BEST ANSWER: Will you please post photos from a finished room of the Brazilian Tiger Blue porcelain tile? I'm reading a post from Nov. from a customer who provided you photos.
Thank you, ErinIs this brazilian tile water resilient to put in bathroom?BEST ANSWER: Absolutely, i just installed them with the gloss finish on the floor. The water beads on it. I have had them down fir about 2 weeks and they are beautiful. I mop with a little diluted vinegar and the shine beautifullyIs it heat resistant? Can they be used on the wall of a gas fireplace?BEST ANSWER: Yes, they absolutely can.Is bullnose available?BEST ANSWER: Not for this tile, I'm afraid.THIS IS THE COOLEST TILE! they don't mention using it on a kitchen counter. opinions????BEST ANSWER: Rbis the most beautiful tile I have ever seen. It would look funny on a counter since it is long planks. I am using it on a floor and one accent wall.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.