Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Brazilian Tiger Blue 8X48 Matte Porcelain Tile
The magical land of New Zealand treasures the most exotic wood in the world, because it is obtained from trees that have fallen due to cataclysms and have remained underground for thousands of years. The La Fabbrica Kauri Tasman Matte 8X48 Porcelain Tile is inspired by the unique style of this wood and it reflects its natural elegance in modern living environments. Also available in a polished finish.
- 2.58 sq ft
- Dawn Blue
- Matte (also available in polished)
- Country of Origin
- PEI Rating
- Shade Variation
- Interlock Laying Max
- Frost Resistance
- Chemical Resistance
- Water Absorption
- ≤ 0.5%
- Breaking Strength
- Pieces Per Box
- Sq Ft Per Box
Shaken or Stirred?The Caipirinha is made with a base of cachaça, a 500-year-old, sugar cane-derived spirit. Combine the popularity of the Martini and the Cosmopolitan, and you have Brazil’s national drink—the Caipirinha, or Cachaça Sour. The Portuguese word politely translates as “little man from the country,” or, less politely, as “yokel.” The Caipirinha is drunk from lunch until bedtime, which may come sooner than anticipated.
Browse 9 questions Browse 9 questions and 33 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar Storechoose by architectchristian h on Oct 3, 2016Would you use this as a backsplash?BEST ANSWER: This is a beautiful tile and certainly could be used as a backsplash but I think that it is more of a floor tile. If paired with the right cabinets and countertops, it could be stunning. The blue is not so brilliant and is more of a blue gray. I would suggest getting a sample first before deciding.Can you use this for bathroom shower walls?BEST ANSWER: I think it would look great in a (larger) shower. One note, due to the length of the tile - 48 inches, surfaces must be extremely flat.can it stand up to dogs cats etc...?BEST ANSWER: Sure, as well as any tile can. I wouldn't use it for a kennel floor, but it's not slippery and would look better than say, hardwood, after dogs scampered on it.What color grout did you use in these pictures?BEST ANSWER: My installer used two different colors a light tan and a pewter grey and used the same grout tool working out of both buckets they were swirled together and look very much like the colors in the tile.with no harsh grout linesWould you do anything differently with the installation of this tile? If so, what?BEST ANSWER: We haven't installed the tile yet, please forgive me I can't answer your question.Can this be used outside by a pool? The pictures show it used that way, but in the specifications it only says it's for indoor use.BEST ANSWER: I cannot say professionally if it can be, but I don't think water would make it too slippery with water. Not sure, we put it in our kitchen. It's beautiful!Can this be used for a fireplace surround and chase?BEST ANSWER: Absolutely!! It'd be quite the unique look too.Can this be used on a outdoor covered balcony?
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.