Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Asian Statuary Herringbone Marble Tile
This classic marble mosaic, composed of premium Asian Statuary, will provide endless design possibilities from contemporary to classic and will serve as a great focal point to suit a variety of settings. Bring some stylish charm into your home with this timeless selection.
- Chip Size
- 1x 3Herringbone
- Sheet Size
- 12" x12"
- Asian Statuary
Shaken or Stirred?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy. - Tom Waits.
Browse 6 questions Browse 6 questions and 20 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar Storefireplace surroundP H on Oct 30, 2016Is this tile appropriate for use as flooring in an entryway?BEST ANSWER: There are so many pieces to this tile I am unsure how it would do with foot traffic. Ours is being used as a back splash.Can this tile be used as shower flooring?BEST ANSWER: Yes, but do keep in mind that it is natural stone and quite porous. Must be carefully sealed and maintained.Where is this tile manufactured?BEST ANSWER: The tile is manufactured in Chinai need this size for a shower floor in black or graphite ? do u have any optionsBEST ANSWER: Currently we don't carry any black or graphite herringbone in this size.We can however produce a custom order for you. A minimum order of 100 square feet would apply.What is the name of the other subway type tile in the picture?
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. Tile must be sealed.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.