Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Arcadia Solaria Random Brick Glass + Stone Tile
This stunning combination of the green slate, with the polished glass and etched deco give any room a modern and contemporary ambiance. Add a pop to any room with these beautiful tiles that are versatile; great to use for a back splash for a kitchen or fireplace.
- Chip Size
- Sheet Size
- 11.75" x 11"
- 0.90 sq. ft.
- Green Slate, Metallic Gold, Silver + Bronze, Gold Deco
- Glass, Slate + Etched Deco
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
"Champagne and orange juice is a great drink. The orange improves the champagne. The champagne definitely improves the orange." - Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
Browse 5 questions Browse 5 questions and 34 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreLike the colorsKenneth O on Nov 29, 2016What is the thickness of this tile? Are all the glass tiles the same thickness?BEST ANSWER: The glass tiles all seem to be the same thickness, about 1/4 ". However, the stone and metal pieces are slightly thicker due to the slate having a rough textured surface and some of the metal pieces having an embossed design on top. That is what makes the pattern so interesting. The variance is probably no more than 1/16th ", if that. You can feel it as you run your hand over the surface, but I don't see that it makes any real difference.
Be sure to pay attention to the need for putting grout release on the textured tiles before grouting. Otherwise you will never get it off without tons of work.What do I use as a trim where the backsplash stops and there is not a wall there to butt into? Is there a trim that matches?BEST ANSWER: Yes, there are pencil liners in a variety of colors and materials, half round and flat on one side, in colored or clear glass and in stone, that are perfect for edging. Do a search on TileBar for "pencil liners" or "accessories"...you will see a wide variety of narrow 12" long liners that would finish your edges nicely. You can pick one that matches one of the tiles in Solaria. (There are other edging options, too, like a wider, entirely different type of tile that matches in color.) I am sure TileBar would help you find a match, or you could order samples. Think each 12" liner is about $9.How big is a sheet? yesBEST ANSWER: 11 3/4" x 11". It will take more grout than what is stated for that size of tile because there are so many grout lines. My suggestion, buy the grout locally, not from Tile Bar. Makes it easier to go back for more.Are these tiles suitable for installation in showers? If yes, would the recommended grout (Classic Bone Non-Sanded Grout) work for showers as well?BEST ANSWER: IF yourplan is to do an entire shower stall, then these tiles may prove a little too busy. They would certainly do beautifully as an accent tile row. Not sure about the grout standard for shower stalls. Maybe it might be best to check with a local home improvement store for additional counsel re: this issue. l
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. Tile must be sealed.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.