Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Arcadia Chinkapin Random Brick Glass + Stone Tile
This stunning combination of multicolored slate, frosted glass and etched black/copper deco give any room a modern and contemporary ambiance. Add a pop to any room with these beautiful tiles that are versatile, unique and great to use for a kitchen backsplash or fireplace. Dare to be different with the Chinkapin Random Brick Glass and Slate Tile from our Arcadia Collection. .
- Chip Size
- Sheet Size
- 11.75" x 11"
- 0.90 sq. ft.
- Multicolored, Light + Medium Gray, Black/Copper Deco
- Slate, Glass + Etched Decos
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
"A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink." - W. C. Fields
Browse 1 question Browse 1 question and 7 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreWorked the best with new granite for kitchen backsplash. Easy to get samples for comparison. Great program with free shippingScott M on Nov 3, 2016The sample was just gorgeous, prettier than the picture. The glass tile is a grayish-green and ties in well with other greens I have in my house. Looking forward to seeing this backsplash with the new granite in my kitchen.Vivien M on Aug 14, 2016Worked the best with new granite for kitchen backsplash. Easy to get samples for comparison. Great program with free shippingScott M on Nov 3, 2016
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.