Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Climb to the highest summit of decor and design with our brand new Apex Collection. Composed of a vivid blend of polished glass, this versatile mixture will give your kitchen, bathroom or any decorated room within your home a fresh and dynamic look. Elevate your ambiance today with our newest Silver Dawn selection from the Apex series. Not suitable for pool installation.
- Chip Size
- 0.75" x 2.5"
- Sheet Size
- 10" x 11.75"
- .82 Sq. Ft.
- Metallic Silver, Metallic Gold, Metallic Pewter, Metallic Light Bronze
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
In order to make a bottle of wine, you will need to have approximately 600 grapes on hand.
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 7 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar Storeit has a nice dimensional effect, and it catches the light to look like glistening diamonds.BROOKE L on Jan 5, 2017It's something different than other tiles I've seen. works w/my transitional decor and color palette.Susan S W on Apr 27, 2016it has a nice dimensional effect, and it catches the light to look like glistening diamonds.BROOKE L on Jan 5, 2017What pencil edging would you recommend with this?BEST ANSWER: I'm going to use the Macadamia Polished Glass because I want it to blend with the tile, and it looks good against my wall color. If you're looking for more definition between the tile and the edging, the Smokey Taupe Polished Glass is beautiful with it, too.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- You would need to use Non-Sanded Grout.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.