Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Aperture Pattern Crema Marfil Marble Tile
Considered one of the most popular marbles in the world, Crema Marfil's timeless beauty opens doors to endless design opportunities. Perfect for a bathroom floor or backsplash application, this geometric mosaic is sure to be the focal point of your design. These window patterns are made from natural stone, each piece fitting into the next like a perfect puzzle. It's stunning design and unique square pattern will bring warmth and a natural ambiance to your home for many years to come.
- Chip Size
- Sheet Size
- 1 Sq. Ft.
- Cream Marfil + Light & Dark Emperador
Shaken or Stirred?
The Pilgrims landed at what is now Plymouth, Massachusetts, rather than continue sailing because they were running out of supplies, especially alcohol beverage.
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 4 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar Storehow do you clean and maintain this floor?BEST ANSWER: We used it as the accent pieces on the shower wall and have not used the shower yet since we have some other construction in our house. It does look nice on the wall.Is this suitable for shower flooring?BEST ANSWER: I would recommend against using the marble mosaic on floor application. Marble is porous.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.